What Are 15 Things That Bring You Joy Right Now?
For the past couple of weeks, I’ve been starting the mornings with an occasional journal prompt. I usually like to start with some reflection- my surroundings in the moment, what we did over the weekend, how I’m feeling, etc. Then I dive in to a prompt to get my wheels turning..
Yesterday morning I decided to write down 30 things that bring me joy. Not necessarily right now, but overall, in life. I decided to be specific with my 30 things (instead of broad statements such as “Sam and Maggie”). I wrote down specific scenarios like feeling little baby kicks, the thought of watching Sam be a father and teach our kids new things, long conversations with my mom, etc.
Have you ever started your days with these types of prompts? I find that when I mix freewriting with a more structured question I dig in to a deeper awareness. One that really elevates my day and boosts a distinct, creative flow. I can think more clearly, get certain thoughts out of my head, and approach my day with a peace of mind.
I especially believe that we should all be doing some sort of reflection right now. So that when we no longer live in a pandemic-filled world, we can still have a tangible piece of evidence of our life during this time. Something that documents memories, thoughts, feelings, actions- but most importantly the changes. Here are *15* of the things I jotted down in my journal yesterday:
- The thought of being a mother and holding a baby
- Curling up to watch a movie after a long day with Sam and Maggie
- Feeling little baby kicks
- My routine in the mornings– exercise, shower, breakfast/coffee journaling..
- Constructing something creative and reaching an achievement for my blog
- Swimming in the Summer with a homemade margarita
- Long conversations with my mom
- The thought of watching Sam be a father and teaching our kids new things
- Envisioning the design plan for our dream home
- A classic warm chocolate chip cookie with milk
- The feeling after going to church
- Cooking a nice meal for others
- Holidays with my family, playing games, laughing
- A clean house
- Traveling somewhere new with my best friend
What are 15 things that bring you joy? (Right now, or life in general). We could all use a little more positivity in our days, don’t you think? I’d love to hear yours!