Honey Cinnamon Coconut Granola Bowls
Have you turned your kitchen in to a #quarantinekitchen yet? If you’ve been on social media at all in the past week you’ve probably felt inclined to cook every meal you can remember since 2002. The upside is that your freezer is probably stocked with all of the leftovers (at least mine is). In addition to the many recipes you’ve been thinking of making, I’m here to share a honey cinnamon coconut granola with all of you.
Sadly, this batch did not even make it to the freezer because it went so fast. This granola is loaded with coconut, honey, cinnamon, and all the ingredients to make your house smell like a cake. It’s absolutely perfect for Spring weather approaching.
Since most of my mornings consist of #fabfoursmoothies I thought I would make something that I can resort back to with (you guessed it) MORE pantry ingredients. Not that I need a break from my smoothies, I’m just trying to make all of my ingredients last as long as possible. The fewer the grocery trips I can make, the better.
Here are the details for this delicious granola..
- It’s practically a throw everything together in a bowl type of baking.
- The taste is nutty, chunky, sweet, and it’s perfect with strawberries and milk.
- It can totally last in the freezer (if it makes it there) and thaw quickly for smoothie bowls, cereal, yogurt bowls, etc!
- If you don’t like your granola this chunky, stir it around half way through baking for smaller pieces.
If you feel inclined for yet another baking project this week, give this recipe a go. At least this one is healthy, right? Scroll on to find the recipe and don’t forget to tag me in a photo of your creation on social media!
Honey Cinnamon Coconut Granola
- 2 cups oats gluten free, if desired
- 1 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2/3 cup coconut flakes unsweetened
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, pecans, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, salt, and cinnamon.
- Heat a small saucepan over low heat and add the honey, coconut oil, and vanilla.
- Whisk until the coconut oil has just melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the wet mixture in to the dry and mix with a spatula or wooden spoon until combined.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and pour the granola mix evenly across the pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Let sit until cooled completely (the granola will harden as it cools!)