Collagen “Cookies & Cream” Smoothie
Protein packed, boasting with nutrients, fiber, and healthy fats, I can’t stop with this addicting smoothie combination. It all started with one staple ingredient I work in to my diet on the daily: collagen. It’s no secret I’m a huge fan of collagen and all of it’s amazing benefits for healthy nails, gut, skin, joints, bones, and more. In fact, collagen is framework for just about everything in our body, and “maintaining healthy collagen levels is necessary for optimal body functioning” according to Mind Body Green studies.
My newest collagen obsession is the Coconut Vanilla Collagen Peptides from Primal Kitchen. There is zero sugar, but instead is filled with healthier ingredients such as coconut milk powder and monk fruit extract. Not to mention it’s completely dairy free, soy free, whey free, and you can count on absolutely none of the chalky taste like protein powder.
Some other ingredients in the lineup: cacao nibs, almond butter, frozen cauliflower rice (you can’t taste it!) and more for a perfect cookies & cream combo. If you’re like me and look forward to breakfast every morning, this smoothie will rock your world. It fills you up but is light enough to get your energy high and focus steady. A power booster for those busy mornings.
Cookies and Cream Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tbsp cacao nibs (plus more for topping)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup frozen cauliflower rice
- 2 scoops Primal Kitchen Vanilla Coconut Collagen
- 1 date (optional)
- 2-3 large ice cubes (or more frozen cauliflower)
- Combine all the ingredients in a high powered blender starting with the milk, then almond butter, cacao nibs, hemp seeds, cauliflower, collagen, and optional date.
- Blend until creamy, stop once to scrape down the sides.
- Top with an extra sprinkle of cacao nibs.